Port forwarding allows you to access the internet on your devices from around the globe. Usually, you will need to have a router to enable port-forward on your PC. But, what about times when you do not have internet access?
In this blog post, we will show you how to port forward without router access. So, you can easily port forward on your PC without requiring a router. That being said, let’s check out the procedure.
What is Port Forwarding?
Port forwarding is an advanced technique that allows you to give your computer or network access to other users using the internet.
When you connect a device to the internet, it is assigned a unique port as well as IP. This IP or Port is assigned to you through the internet router or mobile hotspot, which allows you to surf the internet on your unique IP.
Port forwarding is a technique that allows you to give permission to the outside networks to connect to your computer and access it through the internet in order to control it.
Uses of Port Forwarding
By now, you must be wondering, what are the uses of port forwarding and why do people need port forwarding? There are a number of things that you can do with port-forwarding as it allows you to control your computer anywhere from the world virtually.
- You can use port-forwarding to make your own virtual server, and then control it from around the globe. You can use this server to save your important documents, videos, and photos.
- Another popular use of port-forwarding is the IP camera. You can use port forwarding to control your house’s IP cam to keep an eye on your house.
- Port forwarding is very very secure. So, a lot of corporations who are serious about their privacy use port-forwarding techniques.
- You can use port-forwarding to make your own VPN system. Thus, you do not have to rely on expensive VPN subscriptions.
Enabling Port Forwarding Without Router Access
Enough bragging about the uses of port-forwarding, now you must be waiting for the section in which you can learn how to port forward without router access.
Here are the easy steps for enabling port forwarding access:
- Go to the Computer Menu of your computer by clicking the Start Menu.
- Now, on the left side of the drop-down menu, select the Network option.
- You will see the “Network Infrastructure” tab there, with your router’s name.
- Right-click on it, and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Setting Tab”, and then select the “Add” tab.
- Now you will have to fill in the “IP address”, “External Port Number”, and then finally the “Internal Port Number”.
- Click on the Save button, and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Port Forwarding?
The port forwarding technique allows you to connect other devices with your computer through the internet. So, they can access your computer wirelessly, from anywhere around the globe.
Do We Need Routers Access for Port Forwarding?
Well, you do not need to have routers in order to enable port forwarding on your PC. In the above-given guide, we have explained how you can do port forwarding on your PC without the router access.
Can Port Forwarding Affect Internet Speed?
No, the port forwarding does not affect the internet speed. If you are using port forwarding on a computer, it won’t affect your computer’s internet speed as well as the internet speed for other users.
What Ports to Use for Port Forwarding?
Usually, port 80 is used for port-forwarding. However, you can use any of the ports for port forwarding.
Port forwarding is an advanced computer technology that allows you to control your computer network anywhere in the world. Port forwarding usually requires permission through your network router.
In this blog post, we have shown you the complete procedure that you can use for port forwarding without router access. In this way, you can port forward without the need for router access.