Whether you want to keep an eye on your child’s activity, or you have a doubt about your husband, checking the router history becomes inevitable at times. A lot of people want to check their router’s history but the technical part of the process keeps them away.
In this blog post, we will show you how to check the router history in simple steps. So, you can easily check the activities of people on your network. That being said, let’s check out the details.
Checking the Router History
You cannot directly access the router history. In order to access the router history, you have to check the logs of your router. Here are the easy-to-follow steps that you can use to access the router history log.
- First of all, you need to connect your router to the internet, either by using WIFI or the ethernet cable.
- Now, log into the Router Interface by putting the IP address of your router’s homepage.
- This address is usually 192.168.1.1, or you can also check out the bottom of the router to get the IP address, username, and password.
- Once you have logged into the router interface, go to the General settings, and finally access the Logs
- Now, you will have a complete file of the browsing history, and the device that accessed the specific webpage.
- You can also check the IP address of the specific devices through the setting of the connected device (optional).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Check Router History?
Yes, you can check the router history by viewing the logs in your router settings. We have thoroughly explained the process above. You can easily check out the logs to get the history of your browser.
Can We Check Router History in Incognito Mode?
Incognito mode does not save the browsing history of your router. But it does not mean that the browsing history is not saved on the router logs. In fact, your router, and your ISP both can track your browsing history, even if you are in incognito mode enabled on your computer.
Can We Check Deleted Website History?
Well, if you delete your browsing history from your browser, it is still accessible from the router logs. In order to get rid of your browsing history from the router as well, you have to delete it from the router logs.
Can We Block Certain Websites Through Router?
Yes, you can easily block specific website access from the router settings. Most of the routers offer this feature in which you can block certain websites.
How Can We Delete Router History?
You can delete the router history by deleting the logs from the router interface. We have put together all the steps above, that you need in order to delete the browsing history from your router.
Checking the router history may seem a daunting task, and you may be thinking you need a computer science degree in order to access the router logs. But the reality is quite the opposite. In this blog post, we have thoroughly explained how to check the router history. You can use this method on any router brand or model to easily get the router history.
If you are still facing issues in getting the router history, feel free to start the discussion below, we would love to help you out.