UPnP or Universal Plug & Play networking protocol allows you to make a reconnection between different devices available on the same network.
There are a variety of things that you can do by using the UPnP networking protocol. For instance, you can give your computer access to other devices without port forwarding manually. However, enabling the UPnP protocol can be a daunting activity, as you have to mess up with a bunch of things.
Thus, we have put together this detailed guide. In this, we will show you how to enable UPnP on an ATT router easily. That being said, let’s check out the process.
What is UPnP?
The UPnP or Universal Plug & Play introduced back in 1999, is an advanced networking technology that allows you to interconnect your devices. You can use the UPnP in order to give access to external devices without enabling port-forwarding on your system.
In this way, you do not have to mess with different settings.
Benefits of UPnP
There are a bunch of practical uses of the Universal Plug & Play system. Here we will discuss only a few uses of the UPnP to make a point.
- As in port forwarding access, you can enable UPnP, and give access to the outer-world devices, such as the IP camera without the need to enable port forwarding manually.
- You can also use the UPnP to set up your VOIP setup for doing video and voice calling using the internet.
- Also, the UPnP allows you to interconnect your different gadgets to create a complete ecosystem.
Steps for Enabling UPnP on ATT Router
Enough talking about the benefits of the UPnP, now heading back to the topic. How you can easily enable UPnP on an ATT router. Here are the simple steps that you need to follow in order to enable UPnP on ATT Router.
- First of all, you need to connect your computer to the router.
- You can either use the wired or wireless connection according to your preference.
- Now, open any web browser and type “http://gateway.2wire.net%22/”.
- Head to the “Home Network”, and then go to the “Access Shared Files”, and then finally “Enable” it.
- Congrats! You have successfully enabled the UPnP feature on your ATT router.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Enable UPnP on ATT Router?
Yes, you can enable the UPnP on your ATT router. We have put together an in-depth guide above, in which we have put together different steps for enabling UPnP on your ATT router.
What are the Uses of UPnP?
There are a bunch of uses of the UPnP. You can use UPnP for creating your own gaming server, VOIP, or enabling port forwarding on your router. The possibilities are limitless with UPnP.
Is UPnP Risky?
Previously, the FBI advised users to disable UPnP on routers. Now, with all the latest technologies UPnP is no longer a security threat, and you can use it without risking your privacy.
UPnP allows you to connect all your WIFI-enabled devices to interconnect with each other. Different routers have varying methods of enabling UPnP mode. In this blog post, we have explained how you can enable the UPnP mode on the ATT routers.
If you are still confused about enabling the UPnP mode on your ATT router, feel free to tell us in the comments section below, we would love to help you.